Serta Barrett 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib, Grey review
While waiting for the newborn, parents begin to prepare a sleeping place for him in advance. Which cribs to take? And for twins? It needs to be comfortable, safe and functional. And not for a couple of years, but at least before school. The problem may be in the size of the apartment. It is difficult to fit a bed, a chest of drawers and a changing table in a room without taking up a lot of space. Such tasks are solved by a convertible crib. She combines several pieces of furniture at once.Let’s the Serta Barrett 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib, Grey review helps you making a decision.
Built to adapt to all your baby’s sleeping needs (and look good doing it), the Barrett 4-in-1 Convertible Crib from Serta boasts a full panel, bell-shaped headboard decorated with insets and grooves. Featuring a mattress platform that adjusts to four different heights, this substantial crib allows you to lower the mattress as your child matures. Plus, once your little one is ready to make the transition from crib to “big kid bed”, the Barrett 4-in-1 Convertible Crib easily converts into a toddler bed, daybed, and finally a full size bed. Like all cribs from Serta, it is built to the highest standards of safety and comfort. JPMA certified, it goes through rigorous testing to ensure your little one’s well being from birth-and beyond.
How to choose a convertible crib?
In order not to be mistaken when choosing a convertible crib, parents must take into account many factors.
First, you need to focus on the age of the little owner of the bed. It is clear that a one-year-old baby no longer needs a crib with a pendulum mechanism or a changing table. A preschooler needs to provide a comfortable workplace in the form of a desk and shelves for books.
Secondly, you need to consider the area of the room. As already noted, a massive structure can overwhelm the interior of a room that is too small.
Finally, it is worthwhile to take a responsible approach to the study of the composition of the material.
Some parents prefer beds with cartoon characters. In this case, it must be borne in mind that over time, children can simply get bored.
Advantages and disadvantages of convertible cribs
- Most models are capable of adapting to the child’s increasing height. We just lengthen the bed. Save on a new bed.
- Lots of features. Constructions including a changing table, chest of drawers, playpen, shelves for baby clothes. There are cots that become a cozy sofa or table when the child is very old.
- Comfort and safety. The sides will not let the child fall out. Many cots can be attached and secured to the parent’s. Swinging with a pendulum will ensure you fall asleep quickly, giving your mom’s tired hands a rest.
- There are cheap models.
- In a very small nursery, such a bed will take up a lot of space. The reason is that convertible cribs are slightly larger than normal ones. Basically, all models are capable of increasing the length, but not the width of the berth. And for the increased length, you will have to take a new mattress. Beds with a chest of drawers also have a drawback – many mothers complain about a narrow chest of drawers that cannot accommodate all of the child’s things.
- The changing place in some models is flush with the bedside table. Because of this, it is very small and narrow, which does not allow you to properly care for a newborn, and swaddle it.
- Probably the first two or three weeks you will be able to carry out hygienic procedures, but then the child will actively pull his hands and knock on the sides. After which, of course, the child cries loudly.
Interesting ideas for a children’s room
A good solution for a nursery is a table-bed, decorated in bright colors. This purchase eliminates the need to allocate additional space under the table.
If there are two children living in the room, a sofa is perfect for the room, which transforms into a bunk bed. It is successfully used in such rooms a wardrobe-bed, in which folding beds are located next to each other.