Adjustable Bed Rails for Toddlers, Vertical Lifting Bed Guardrail, Extra Long Safety Baby Bed Rail for Large Bed & Double Bed (71 inch) review
The correct choice of a toddler bed is a responsible event, on which the quality of the baby’s sleep depends. However, among all the variety offered by manufacturers, it is not so easy for children to choose a bed.Here is the Adjustable Bed Rails for Toddlers, Vertical Lifting Bed Guardrail, Extra Long Safety Baby Bed Rail for Large Bed & Double Bed (71 inch) review to help you choose the right bed for your child.
About this item
- 【Safety Fence】: Seamless and safe, super long and high, children are not easy to climb and have fun. Thickened steel pipe, green safety cloth cover, filled with breathable mesh on both sides, material free of formaldehyde, high density, wear-resistant, comfortable to touch, not easy to tear, easy to replace and clean; high-quality steel frame, double lock, reinforced, use more Safety.
- 【Silent Lift】: Press and push the button to place the bed rail vertically downwards, take off and land smoothly, no noise will be created, create a sweet dream for your baby; one side can be raised and lowered, which is convenient for babies to get on and off the bed. (Elevation height: 72cm-100cm)
- 【Easy Installation】: Complete accessories, no need to use additional tools for assembly, easy and simple installation.
- 【Multifunctional Design】: 24-levels height can be adjusted freely, tool-free, button-type adjustment gear, can be adjusted at will; at the same time with double lock protection, it needs to be twisted and pressed again to achieve lifting, to prevent children from accidentally opening the lifting button.
- 【Applicable Bed】:full bed or single bed. It depends on the exact size of your bed. NOTE: ①The price is for one piece of bed rail. If you want to enclose three walls, you need to buy 3 side rails according to the size of the mattress. ② The lower transverse tubes are designed to be curved for fitting bed surface, rather than defective.
Type of child bed
The choice of a bed model is largely determined by the age of the child. There is a huge difference between a crib for a newborn and a sleeping place for a teenager because they perform different tasks. But even in its age category, furniture can vary quite a lot.
According to the age criterion, beds are distinguished:
1. For newborns
The main task in the early stages of life is for the baby to feel calm and so that the mother can afford a little rest or do household chores. Best options for newborns:
- cradles – small cots for babies up to 8 months old, equipped with a motion sickness mechanism, small dimensions make them easy to carry from place to place;
- rocking chairs (on runners) – suitable for children under 3 years of age, such a crib swings with the whole body, the amplitude depends on the shape of the runners, often manufacturers provide for the possibility of subsequently removing the runners or replacing them with wheels;
- pendulums – only a place to sleep is movable, the swing mechanism can be with longitudinal or lateral movement, or it can be universal, that is, the direction of motion sickness can be changed;
- playpens – a sleeping place in the daytime turns into a play area; the relative lightness of the structure is compensated by reliable legs that provide stability, even if the baby rests on the side.
- transformers – cribs combine several functions: a cradle, a chest of drawers, a diaper. This saves space and costs; as they grow older, a number of elements can be removed, turning a cozy cradle into a full-fledged bed that will last a child at least up to 10 years
2. age 3 to 5
This category automatically includes transformers that “grow” with their owners.
Classic preschool beds – single beds, with removable or fixed protective sides, often complemented by drawers for storing linen. Bumpers can be mounted on one or both sides.
Themed beds are not much different in design from the classic ones, but they have a brighter and more interesting design for children. The most common options are toy cars. But they can also be made in the form of rockets, castles, ships, etc. Like the classic options, they are usually equipped with sides and drawers for linen.
3. For schoolchildren and teenagers
Beds for schoolchildren and adolescents on the market are represented by the following types:
- classic – has a frame, headboard, footboard; this model is an ideal solution for spacious bedrooms and is able to provide maximum psychological comfort during relaxation;
- a transformer wardrobe bed – a design when a standard bed in the daytime is located vertically and hidden behind the front of the wardrobe, and at night it goes down and turns into a full-fledged sleeping place;
- loft bed – a two-level structure with an upper bed, the lower tier may remain empty, or it may have a work area, sports corner or wardrobe in the lower part;
- podium bed – a retractable structure built into the podium, where you can place any other furniture.
- The two-tier model stands apart, in which there are two berths located one above the other. If necessary, many options can subsequently become a separate sleeping area.
How to choose a toddler bed
So, to summarize – how to choose a bed for a child so that his rest is as safe and comfortable as possible. Here are some basic tips:
- decide in advance on the location and make the necessary measurements; for a crib with a pendulum mechanism, provide additional space for swinging;
- consider for how long you take the product: the cradles are designed for children up to six months, classic models can last up to 3 or 4 years, transformers – up to 10 years;
- decide if you will buy additional baby furniture, such as a swaddle or chest of drawers – if not, consider purchasing a transformer.
It is better to purchase a bed in advance so that the smell of new furniture has time to disappear before the baby appears. Do not forget about additional accessories: mattress, protective sides, and baby underwear.
If you need additional advice on choosing, our specialists are always ready to provide complete and comprehensive information on each product that we have in the range.
How to store the underside of a child’s bed?
There are quick, easy, and effective tips to help you gain more storage space. The first and easiest is to focus on decluttering. You will find that after getting rid of all the things that are no longer useful to you, the underside of your child’s bed will be clearer. You can then install plastic bins on casters or cardboard boxes, which are very practical and easy to clean. These elements can be used as storage space under a child’s bed. You can store your sheets there. Arranging drawers is also an excellent choice. Your child can put their favorite things or even their toys there.